Development Engineer - Materials, Opto-Mechanics, Microtechnology
DIAMOND SA is a Swiss-based company with a long experience of specializing in the design, manufacturing and assembly of both standard and custom fiber optic connectors and assemblies The company is headquartered in Losone, Ticino, and employs more than 200 people. Thanks to a distribution network of subsidiaries and partners, DIAMOND sells its products worldwide.
To meet new challenges in the technical field, we are looking for a Development Engineer - Materials, Opto-Mechanics, Microtechnology.
Based in the R&D department, the role will focus on the support and development of challenging products and processes, in particular technical ceramic components, from conception to production readiness.
Your main tasks
- Develop, in close collaboration with the resources of the various departments involved, projects and concepts for the development and technical improvement of the various products and their means of production by analysing current solutions and developing proposals, as well as carrying out and evaluating the results of the various experiments; carrying out calculations, analysing and developing solutions, ensuring that there is a sound theoretical basis for assessing the effectiveness of the proposed solutions;
- Analysis and development of special solutions to meet internal and/or customer specifications, including definition of tests and material characterisation, in close collaboration with the metrology laboratory;
- Drafting of technical documentation and presentations to describe the various proposed solutions;
- Provide technical support during the assembly and testing phases by monitoring the actual feasibility of the proposed solutions;
- Developing prototypes to validate concepts and evaluate the most appropriate manufacturing methods, in close collaboration with the relevant departments, including following the product through the testing phases both in the factory and in the field;
- Supporting sales and product management in the drafting and analysis of 'customer specifications;
- Support the supply chain in sourcing materials and suppliers.
- Degree from a technical college or university in microtechnology, mechanics, materials and/or process science or similar
- Experience in the development of opto-mechanical components
- Several years of experience in an industrial environment (fibre optics advantageous) in a similar position
- Good knowledge of materials analysis such as plastics, ceramics and metals
- Ability to work in a team and solve problems. The role will be based within the Research and Development department.
- Analytical and organisational skills
- Flexible, communicative and proactive person
- Languages: Italian and excellent knowledge of German and English essential
The position is challenging, varied and responsible in a stimulating work environment.
If you are looking for a new professional challenge, please send your resume to the Director of Finance and Human Resources, Ms. Erina Peri.
Ms. Erina Peri, Human Resources Director