DM4 Multipurpose Termini
Optical / electrical DM4 OEM insert for use in a variety of outdoor and industrial connectors
Harsh environmental surroundings can adversely affect the operation of a system utilizing fiber optics. To combat these conditions, Diamond has developed a wide range of strong, reliable, and customizable optical interconnect solutions built around the unique Diamond Multipurpose DM4 OEM insert. The DM4 Insert incorporates four optical or electrical termini ideal for hybrid electrical / optical applications. The optical termini are assembled with Diamond’s proprietary state-of-the-art Active Core Alignment (ACA) process allowing for a combination of unparalleled fiber core concentricity and superior optical performance. In addition, IP ratings are met through solid and unique connector construction with fortified ingress protection.
The new Diamond Multipurpose Insert is the core of the existing HE-2000, MIL-38999 DM4 and MIL-83526 DM4 Diamond connectors. Furthermore, the design of the DM4 OEM insert is constructed to fit into a variety of different connector housings. Compatibility with tight cable and semi-loose cable/fiber construction is ensured.
Based on a 2.5mm fiber optic ferrule, the DM termini utilizes integrated springs to avoid contact interruptions, which allows for quick and easy assembly and repair. The titanium-ceramic fiber optic ferrule assembly consists of a factory-terminated and measured fiber-optic Crocodile Alberino HE (Harsh Environment) to allow customers to assemble precision-engineered termini to ensure low optical losses, reliable and repeatable performances over a long period in many applications. This assembly can be performed with the Zeus D50 HE fusion splicer from Diamond.
The DM termini are available in PC and APC polish and allow for a mix of standard and special fiber types, such as HCS, MM, SM, PM and low core diameter fibers, as well as, other specialty fiber types and power solution technologies. When APC-polished, a steady and repeatable low Insertion Loss (IL) and high return loss are guaranteed.
Characteristics of the connections
- Compatible with different types of fibers such as HCS, MM, SM, PM and low core diameter fibers
- Available in PC and APC polishing
- On-site assembly and repairs with Diamond Crocodile-Fusion-Alberino
- Contact surface of the titanium ferrule
Characteristics of DM4 OEM inserts
- Based on standard 2.5 mm Alberinos with integrated springs to avoid contact interruptions
- Up to four optical and / or electrical channels
- Simple assembly and disassembly of contacts for on-site integration and repair
- Spring contact sleeve for inserting ferrules and electrical contacts
- Superior optical and mechanical properties
- Designed to be integrated into a wide variety of connector bodies