Polarization Maintaining (PM)
High Extinction Ratio fiber interfaces
DIAMOND has more than 25 years’ experience in terminating Polarization Maintaining (PM) or/and Polarizing (PZ) fibers of various types (Panda, Bow Tie, PCF, elliptic core, and more). Our expertise in this technology is largely due to our metrology capability and direct involvement with the measurement standards.
DIAMOND’s unique Active Core Alignment (ACA) process results in extremely low Insertion Loss (IL), even on small core fibers. In addition, we independently orient the core to a connector key using state-of-the-art a double cross polarizer, low coherence measurement method. Please consult our white paper for more information on this measurement method.
Two interfaces are available, PM+ on homologated configurations with higher PER and PM on a wider range of configuration, including our multi-channel DM based connectors.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Proprietary Active Core Alignment (ACA) à Ultra low insertion loss (IL) and high Return Loss (RL)
- Active Polarization Orientation (APO) à High Polarization Extinction Ration (ER or PER)
- Ultra low tolerance keying mechanisms
- Optimized ultra-polish techniques
- 100% interferometry front face inspection