At Diamond SA, we are at the forefront of quantum technology in fiber optics. With over 40 years of…
Flexible fiber interfaces for photonics applications
The invention of the laser in 1960 marked the beginning of the Photonics era. Nowadays, almost every aspect of our daily life is influenced by Photonic devices and most of them require fiber optics to reliably transport and manipulate light.
The combination of the mechanical and optical precision of Diamond products ensures the light power and polarization quality, resulting in the lowest insertion losses and the highest polarization extinction ratios. Demanding Photonic applications benefit from Diamond’s Active Core Alignment and polarization-maintaining (PM) technologies. Some of these applications include:
- Fiber sensors and lidars
- Polarization-sensitive optical coherence tomography and spectroscopy
- Quantum photonics and single photon applications
- Optical switches and optical gyroscopes
Additionally, Diamond power solution (PS) products are designed to meet the ever-increasing high-power requirements of different sectors in the developing laser industry, such as:
- Laser diodes and fiber lasers
- Laser beam combining and beam delivery
- Non-linear optics
- Power over fiber
Diamond’s vast portfolio of fiber components and assemblies make fiber handling more comfortable. Some of these include:
- Diamond lensed connectors solve contamination issues through contactless connections
- Highly precise interface modules (IMOD) assure the best fiber-to-free space couplings through µm-level reproducibility of the fiber core position.
- PM pigtailed lasers, mating adapters, optical gold reflectors, optical sacrificial interfaces, variable attenuators, mode conditioners, etc.